Madison Highland Prep adheres to the following policies for all student/athletes.
Due to the rigorous nature of MHP’s academic program requirements, MHP has a process in place that requires students to declare their eligibility for extra-curricular or athletic participation. This process is explained to parents and students during enrollment and is acknowledged by their signature in the Athletic Packet and Parent & Student Handbook. Both of these documents are provided to parents upon registration and are available on our website.
Student-athletes must complete all registration information online through RegisterMyAthlete.com. Completed registration will contain the following information:
- Athletic Handbook Acknowledgment Form
- Statement of Insurance Coverage
- Copy of Insurance Card or Proof of Insurance Information
- AIA Form 550: Transfer Student Eligibility (if applicable)
- AIA Form 157 A: Annual Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation
- AIA Form 157 B: Annual Pre-Participation Physical Examination
- AIA Form 157 C: Annual Pre-Participation Physical Acknowledgement
- AIA Form 157 D: Annual Consent to Treat Form
- Brainbook Concussion Course Certificate
When all registration documents have been filled out and submitted in the proper manner, the RegisterMyAthlete account will be set to “Complete for Tryouts.”
Student-athletes must maintain a 2.00 grade point average with no grades in any class below a “C” level. Student-athletes will be deemed ineligible if any course grade falls below this requirement.
- Review the MHP Student Handbook for all Academic Eligibility procedures
The Student-Athlete Commitment
- Attendance at all meetings, practices, and games is required. Special circumstances “release
- time” should be truly special and communicated by the student-athlete and parent to the coach at least 48 hours in advance through email.
- Academic and behavior expectations take priority over athletic participation. Students must meet such expectations prior to participation in meetings, practices, and games. This includes attending after-school homework support, tutoring and serving any disciplinary consequences.
- Quitting is contrary to the Madison Highland Prep athletic philosophy. We believe a student-athlete who has been selected to a team has made a commitment to the school, teammates, and coaches. A student-athlete who quits a team after the tryout period will be prohibited from participating in all new athletic activities until the following academic year.
*Student/athletes that do not fulfill these commitments will be subject to appropriate discipline from coaches and/or administration and will be ineligible for postseason recognition and awards.
Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
- To acknowledge that participation in athletics is a privilege that demands good sportsmanship.
- To demonstrate self-control and respect for others (including other coaches, other athletes, and spectators) at all times.
- To treat opponents with respect, shake hands after competitions, and congratulate their performance.
- To respect the integrity and accept the judgment of coaches, officials, and administrators.
- To acknowledge that behavior, while in uniform, is a reflection of you, your team, your school, and your community.
- To respect all athletic equipment (both school and opponents) and athletic facilities (both home and away).
- To perform in accordance with all rules set forth in the student code of conduct during practices and games.
Student/athletes that do not abide by athletic and/or school disciplinary codes will be suspended from athletic participation by coaches and/or administration and may not be eligible for postseason recognition and awards.