Madison Highland Prep requires students to earn 28 credits to receive their high school diploma. The credits must be earned as follows:
- English: 4 Credits
- Mathematics: 4 Credits
- Science: 3 Credits
- Social Studies: 3 Credits
- Languages: 2 Credits
- College Engineering: 3 Credits
- Fine Arts: 1 Credit
- Physical Education: 1 Credit
- Electives: 7 Credits
- Total Credits: 28
Awarding of Academic Credit
Madison Highland Prep awards academic credit as follows:
- One-half (.50) unit of credit is granted for work completed in a subject that meets one period daily for an academic quarter.
- One (1.00) unit of credit is granted for work completed in a subject that meets one period daily for two academic quarters (semester).
- Two (2.00) units of credit are granted for work completed in a subject that meets one period daily for a full academic year.
Madison Highland Prep requires students to meet the following guidelines in order to receive course credit:
- Any student who scores below a “C” in any core academic course will have to repeat the course. If a student receives a “D” she/he will receive elective credit for the course. MHP’s commitment to minimizing course failure will be addressed with the school’s weekly grade check; where grade level advisors and the administrative team will review and when necessary, prescribe remedial interventions where students are required to follow through in accordance with MHP’s Code of Conduct.
- Credits applied toward high school graduation must be earned in grades 9 through 12. The only exception is Algebra 1, which may be earned in grade 8.
- All students must be enrolled full-time at the school. Students are expected to be enrolled in four classes per quarter to be considered a full-time student and on track for graduation.
- A student must attend at least 90 percent of class sessions to earn credit. Failure to meet this standard may lead to withholding of credit. Cases of prolonged illness will be reviewed by school administration.