COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR RE-OPENING SCHOOL – CLICK HERE
Dashboard Details – Click here
August 6th, 2021
Dear Madison Highland Prep Families,
This year, we return together to in-person learning. The first day of school is Monday, August 9th. We have mitigation practices in place for the health and safety of our students, employees, and families. We are asking for everyone to continue to do their part for a healthy start to the new school year.
Arizona public schools have been provided with contradictory information as it relates to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 by county, state, and federal level officials. As you can imagine, this leaves Arizona public schools with the difficulty of balancing the various guidance from each agency.
As you know, Governor Ducey and the Arizona Legislature passed legislation A.R.S. § 15-342.05 that prohibits schools from mandating the use of masks. However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is once again recommending wearing masks regardless of vaccination status in areas of substantial or high transmission. Also, for those who utilize school transportation, there is a federal order requiring face coverings on school buses and other forms of school transportation that will be enforced by our school.
Also, we do ask that our students who are passing through the cafeteria to obtain breakfast or lunch wear a mask while in line until they are seated, or until they exit the cafeteria if they are choosing to eat outside. MHP is cognizant of the fact that we share a campus with a pre-school and middle school who represent a potentially vulnerable population since they are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
Additional updates to MHP’s Covid-19 Mitigation Plan are as follows:
School Visitors to the front office and classrooms will be required to wear a face covering.
Vaccinations are not required for students, employees or visitors to attend school or school events, pursuant to state law A.R.S. § 15-342.05.
Social Distancing will be encouraged and practiced wherever possible. Students will be urged to socially distance three feet apart or to the greatest extent possible.
Extracurricular activities, including performing arts and athletics, will return to regular operations. Athletics will follow published AIA guidelines.
Quarantine protocols will align with Maricopa County guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Any student who tests positive for COVID-19 will be required to quarantine per Maricopa County guidelines. Students having direct contact, at school, with a person who is positive for COVID-19 will be notified and required to quarantine. Students having direct contact, at home, with a person who is positive for COVID-19 will be required to quarantine per Maricopa County guidelines. Students in quarantine will access their class/coursework through Canvas, our learning management system. Teachers of students in quarantine will maintain regular contact.
Reporting of positive cases is critically important. If a student tests positive for COVID-19, we ask our parents to notify the school office immediately.
MHP remains committed to providing information and resources for families to take individual action based on personal health needs. The following are recommended prevention strategies practiced in MHP to keep you and your family safe:
• Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
• Practice social distancing
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
• Stay home if you are feeling sick
More information on the federal or county guidance can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html or https://www.maricopa.gov/5493/K-12-Schools-and-Childcare-Facilities.
We will continue to inform you as our school receives new information or guidance. Please be sure to check your email, texts, and phone messages for important updates from MHP. For the latest MHP COVID-19 updates, health metrics, and mitigation measures, visit www.MadisonHighlandPrep.org/covid-19/.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the school at (602) 745-3800. MHP’s office is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We look forward to an exciting year, even as we continue to navigate protocols that support our learning community’s safety and wellness. Go Heat!
- Distance Learning Form
- Reopening Protocol
- Distance Learning Plan
- On-site Learning Support
- Infectious Disease Mitigation Plan
- 08/06/21 – MHP update
- 07/30/21 – CDC Memo – Click here
- 07/02/21 – CDC Guideline: Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
Madison Highland Prep’s Plan: Students and teachers who are vaccinated will not be required to wear a face covering on campus. Face coverings for vaccinated individuals will be optional.
2020/2021 Archive Files
Letters from the Principal
- 04/19/2021 Letter form the Principal
- 04/05/2021 Letter from the Principal
- 01/28/2021 Letter from the Principal
- 01/15/2021 Letter from the Principal
- 12/18/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 11/24/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 11/19/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 11/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 11/06/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 10/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 10/02/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 09/09/2020 Letter form the Principal
- 08/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/10/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 08/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/10/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 07/02/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 06/19/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/18/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/11/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 05/11/2020 The Arizona Department of Educations’ Guidance for Graduations
- 05/07/2020 Letter to the Seniors
- 05/04/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 04/06/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/31/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/30/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/26/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/20/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/13/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 03/12/2020 Letter from the Principal
- 02/27/2020 Letter from the Principal
Community Resources & Information